Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Carrs Go Camping!

Since school got out last Friday, Ike and I decided it would be fun to do something to celebrate. Our first thought was to drive to Ohio and stay with my family for a week but because I have so many Dr.'s appointments and because I am so close to the end of my pregnancy we decided a camping trip might be a little safer. We have never gone camping before but I feel like this trip was a success. The biggest lesson learned: BUY AN AIR MATTRESS. This may not have been the biggest deal except trying to get comfortable on the ground when you are 8 months pregnant is not easy. We will have to go camping again when I'm not pregnant and see how well I sleep. This trip unfortunately earned the "Worst Night Sleep of the Year" award. Still totally worth it though. I can't wait to go again.
We fit Jackson's toddler bed mattress perfectly in the tent. He slept great. Ike and I, not so much.
I think my favorite part of camping is waking up in the morning when it is chilly and making a fire then eating breakfast. I really love it.

1 comment:

  1. AAH I'm so jealous! Regan took Sasha on a father x son campout, but I haven't been camping with him yet ;_; It looks so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete