Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Gettysburg and Sparklers!



So I am being really slow at catching up with all my trip posts but better late than never, right? We went to Gettysburg to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the battle. It was pretty much amazing! It was hot and there were LOTS of people there but it was totally worth it. The only big bummer is that Brady was sick so Ike was the martyr and stayed behind. I did take a ton of pictures for him though!


Jackson only slightly terrified of the statue of Abraham Lincoln.
 Just me and my dad!
 Check out these Union soldiers!

 Mom found the Mass 15 monument! We have ancestors who fought in that group.
 Another cool Union man.
 I won't lie, in general, I thought the Confederate soldiers were way cooler looking. They actually looked much more real.
 My FAVORITE reinactors of the day. These ladies looked like they just walked out of the 1800s. The picture really does not do them justice. The lady on the right made both dresses by hand. They were so amazing.



 Sparkler fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment