Friday, June 26, 2015

Workin' hard or hardly workin'?



Ok first...I have kind of a confession. Not really anything bad, just a little old lady-ish. So here it is: I am a closet cross stitcher. Yes. I cross stitch. I really like it. No, I love it. In fact, I think about it all the time. I look up funny things to cross stitch on Pinterest. Every time I hear an inspiring quote, I think about putting it into a cross stitch. HELP ME!!!!! I can't stop. So anyway. I finally did a cross stitch of Ike and I. I have been wanting to do one forever to put on the mantel and I finally did.
Aren't we cute?!?!?!? I am really into doing couple and family pictures recently. I am working on a few for Christmas.
This is one I did for my sister and her husband for last Christmas:

                                            
 On a side note, this is another project I have been working on. I have had this old dresser in my garage for a while and was even, at one point, thinking about throwing it away. But I had a vision and I decided to go for it!

 It was in pretty bad shape. Especially the top.
 But now it is  beautiful!!!! I painted it with some sky blue paint the previous owners left. I also spray painted the hardware a nice shiny black. I absolutely love it.
Right now it lives at the bottom of the stairs in our entryway but it might movie it to a new spot eventually. I will take some more pictures in the next day or two when I have some good lighting. The entryway has bad lighting most of the day so even in this picture it is kind of grainy.

Anyway, between insane amounts of yard work (that is another post) and taking care of all my boys (Ike included) I have had a very busy summer so far.




PS: Pretty sure I am making this at some point.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/00/1a/f2001a11c0c30194a790ba0d51abdfa3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment