Monday, August 10, 2009

Two weeks to school and a driving lesson!

So school starts in two weeks and Ike and I are really excited. We are both taking a full load of credits but I am excited because I am taking some classes that I have been wanting to take since my freshman year! I am super excited about floral design. It has always filled up or not worked with my schedule in the past. Ike gave me my first stick shift driving lesson today. I won't lie, it wasn't very pretty. I think I did better than I thought I would. I can reverse the car OK but having it move forward to begin with was a little harder. Clutches are hard. By the end of the lesson I wasn't stalling it every time which was good. Ike was very nice and didn't hassle me about ruining the gears( At one point I tried to shift to second but I forgot to push in the clutch and it wasn't pretty.) and I kept myself from becoming extremely frustrated and leaving the car. So overall it was a success. I think it will definitely be a while before I am road ready. Right now I feel more comfortable just dealing with flat parking lots. I will keep working at it though and hopefully I will get the hang of it at some point. I am excited that we have a car to begin with. Life for us has been pretty much work lately. This Thursday I am helping the Young Women sew school bags for the Church's humanitarian program and that should be fun. Ike is still ward clerk and doing a wonderful job. We miss you all!!! Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. you'll get the hang of it eventually, I promise! Just takes a LOT of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only took me about a month to get it! Going on the freeway by myself the first time was the worst, and that wasn't even too bad! I am excited you are almost done with your crazy work schedule!

    ReplyDelete