Monday, November 14, 2011

Talk TurkeyTo Me, Baby!

Is anyone else counting down the days until Thanksgiving?!? So here is my tentative turkey day menu:

1. Brined and Roasted Turkey (recipe from marthastewart.com)
2. Traditional Mashed Potatos (We're talking butter, salt, more butter and maybe some sour cream.)
3. Green Bean Casserole
4. Turkey Stuffing
5. Roasted Carrots (Roasted in the pan with the turkey)
6. Homemade Dinner Rolls
7. Jello Salad (Jello,fruit and whipped cream in a jello mold to add prettiness to my table.)
8. Pumpkin Pie for desert.

The biggest challenge I have here is that I want to do this whole dinner for $25 or less. I already have a lot of the ingredients I will need and I am making everything I can from scratch. I think I can do it! I will let you all know if I stay in my budget!!!

I have only done two other turkey dinners in the past and one of them gave me horrible food poisoning for two days. My success rate is not great. Pray for me.

This will not be me!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck! I am so impressed that you are going to do this under $25! Go April!

    ReplyDelete