Saturday, December 10, 2011

Craftastic!

So I have been in a pretty crafty mood lately but I haven't had a ton of money to spend on random supplies to I have been using whatever I have at home. I still have a few things I need to sew before I leave for Christmas but this is just what I have done in the last week.

Fur hat! I took a tweed-ish blazer that someone had given me in a box of clothes and an old fur wrap to make this hat. The hat is fur lined with pink buttons holding the ear flaps up and a pink crochet flower for prettiness. This hat didn't turn out as good as I was hoping. I have never worked with real animal hide before and I have discovered that it is my mortal enemy. I broke way too many needles making this hat. The tweed is a little crooked in the front too. Overall its turned out OK.


Please ignore how crazy I look in this picture. It was late at night when I finished the hat and I really should have waited until the next day to model it and take pictures.


I found a free pattern online for some baby shoes and I made two different pairs. The first pair is the one with the button closure but I thought they looked like elf shoes so I modified the pattern a little and that is how the purple ones came to be.




I like this pair so much better than the other ones.

Finally my favorite thing I made this week was this headband!



I got the idea from this Etsy seller: http://www.etsy.com/listing/59639601/comic-book-headband-pow-peacock-green?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=pow+headband&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_category=accessories.hair&ga_facet=
But I actually like my version better and mine is free!! She charges $23 for hers.



So overall I feel that my week has been very productive in the craft arena. In the housekeeping arena, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment