Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Stockings Were Hung...

So Ike's Mom is really incredible when it comes to cross stitching. She made unique cross stitched stockings for all of her 10(!!!) children and when Ike and I got married, she even made one for me. Well now that we have kids I want them to have unique and beautiful cross stitched stockings. Well, I felt bad asking my mother in law to make one for each of my children so I thought this might be a good opportunity to learn a new skill. Cross stitching can't be that hard right??? WRONG!!!!! In theory it is easy, but actually making all your stitches look right and not losing count (my biggest problem) is not easy. My blood literally went into this stocking. I don't know why I decided to make Brady's first but I did. After much frustration and ripping out stitches, It is complete!!! I will be the first to admit that it is not my best work, but I am proud of it. I think it will stand up with the ones from my Mother in Law. The only bummer is that it took me so long to make Brady's that I don't think I will have Jackson's done in time for Christmas. He will probably use Ike's mission stocking this year and next year he will have one of his own.


Brady's Stocking!
 Ike's, Mine and Brady's!
 One more shot of Brady's!

No comments:

Post a Comment