Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Return to Posting!

So I took about a month long hiatus from posting. What can I say? This past month has been crazy busy. Christmas, birthdays, family coming, kid's sicknesses and potty training have been taking up all my waking and non-waking moments. So slowly I will get caught up and recap all my holiday excitement! I wanted to start with a few of my favorite homemade gifts this year. Every year I usually end up making at least one thing for someone but this year I made quite a few gifts and these are my favorites!

Sasha's Cape!!! I made this cape for my nephew Sasha and I absolutely love how it turned out. I copied a cape that was given as a gift to Jackson.
 Jackson modeling the cape!
Kiara's Tutu!
I made this tutu for my niece Kiara. I made a tutu like this a few years ago but this one turned out waaaayyy cuter. I really hope I have a daughter someday.
 Modeled by a #10 can. It is much closer to her waist size than my mannequin.
Rachel and Joanna's Scripture cases. I made one for my Mom too in shades of yellow but I apparently forgot to take a picture of it. You have to understand that their original scripture cases looked something like this:

Except their's were probably in slightly more feminine colors like maroon and teal. Still not super cute.Also, they were probably like me and still using the same ones they got when they were like 8 years old.  These ones are way better!
 Joanna's:
 Rachel's:

Now they won't have to tote around ripped old scripture cases when they go to church. These were probably my favorite gifts that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment