Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Be My Valentine?

Our Valentine's day hit a little hickup because Ike was home sick with some serious abdominal pain. So instead of a romantic Valentine's dinner out, we had a family Valentine's day inn.


 We started the day with some pink heart pancakes. You can be the judge of how much they actually looked like that but they tasted great!





In the words of Daniel Tiger, "YUMMY GOOD!!!"

I had planned to hid clues in Ike's school things and bring clues to the school for him to find that would help him figure out what his Valentine's gift from me was but then he was sick so I just hid the clues around the house.

Some were hard to miss.

 Some were hard to catch.
 Some were delicious!
 But the best thing of all was the fact that I thought I wouldn't get anything from Ike because he had been feeling so sick all week. But around 11am we had a knock on the door!!! He had ordered a dozen roses and an amazingly good smelling candle for me delivered from the flower shop in town!!! Talk about surprise! And to make it even better, he had actually ordered them on Monday while I was doing a prom dress fitting. So yea, I should definitely give him more credit because I assumed that because he was sick the day before Valentine's I wouldn't get anything.


Then for dinner we had Chicken Cordon Bleu (I don't know if I spelled that right.) and it was amazing! Overall I don't think I would have changed anything. I got to spend a great day with the loves of my life (even if one of them was really sick) and I can't think of a better way to spend Valentine's!

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's so sweet :D Poor Ike, though. Love the pancakes!!

    ReplyDelete