Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Crafty C-A-R-R


I've been a craftin' lately. Kind of cross stitched out right now so I decided to try my hand at some other things. We had pizza the other night and I decided to make some big letters for our living room. I have been thinking about doing something like this for a while but I figured I would just buy the letters. Anyway, here is a (not so great) tutorial on how to make giant letters:


I started by cutting out my letters from the pizza boxes. You need two identical cardboard letters for each big letter you want to make.

d
Then I glued 1" tall (varying widths) pieces of cardboard all the way around one of the pieces from each letter.
Then I glued the top part to each one. Making a thick letter.


I then cut several strips of 1" wide fabric and wrapped each letter. I didn't have to use very much hot glue in this step. I pretty much only hot glued when I had to start a new fabric strip.
I really am sorry these pictures are a little fuzzy. My camera really struggles with indoor pictures.
And there you have it! All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment