Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You're older than you've ever been and now you're getting older and now you're older still..

So every day Jackson does something new that makes me realize how fast he is growing up. Two days ago Ike and I were wondering out loud when he would start to pick up food and feed himself. He could pick up things with his whole hand but not with just his fingers. Yesterday out of the blue he reached over to some banana crunchy puffs that spilled on the carpet and just started picking them up and eating them. He must have eaten close to thirty in a row. It was awesome. It is so cold right now. Even though we keep our thermos set at 70 degrees all the time I feel freezing if I am not wearing a bathrobe around the house over my clothes. I may look frumpy but I feel warm. On Mondays and Wednesdays I watch a friend of mine's baby while she and her husband are in class. I realized this past Monday that the next skill I need to try to teach Jackson is to be gentle. He is about twice the size of the other baby and a hundred times more excited to see him. He likes to crawl as fast as he can toward him and kind of tackle him with a hug. Jackson is in seventh heaven but I think it will give the other kid a heart attack if I don't figure out how to calm him down. He really loves being around other kids. I wish we could start looking for jobs right now. But we have to wait a little bit while Ike gets his Student Teaching underway. I guess what I should say is, "I wish we could start applying for jobs right now." because I sure do a lot of looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment