Thursday, November 8, 2012

SMALL VICTORIES!!!!!

So I mentioned in a previous post that I have been doing weight watchers and step aerobics. I have been doing this for about 5 weeks and I'll be honest, I don't look too much different. I wish there was some kind of magic pill that would magically make me lose 5 pounds a week but alas, it is not so. BUT!!! This is not a post about giving up after 5 weeks because I don't see much of a difference in my appearance, it is the opposite. This is a post about the first small victory I have had!!! My number one goal when I started trying to lose weight was not to get to a certain weight number per say (Although I do have one in mind.) but more to try to fit into my clothes. I have a closet full of clothes that I have not been able to wear in literally two years. I just want to be able to wear the clothes I have. Well yesterday morning just on a whim I thought I would try on a pair of jeans from before Jackson was born. The last time I tried them on (maybe when Jackson was like 1ish?) I couldn't even get them past my thighs. But yesterday not only could I get them past my thighs, but I could actually zip and button them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were they still a bit tight? Yes. Did I even have a little muffin top? Yes (Notice the strategic placing of my hands on hips to hide muffin top in pictures) BUT I COULD AT LEAST PUT THEM ON!!!!! So these last five weeks have not been in vain and now I have new motivation to keep on keeping on.


I used to be kind of vain about my booty but after two kids I was "compelled to be humble". I actually think my tushy looks pretty good in these jeans.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job :D I'm counting calories right now using loseit.com :D So lets do our best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! My goal is to look good by Valentine's Day because I want to buy a new dress that is not in the double digit sizes.

      Delete