Friday, November 2, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Halloween got postponed this year in Fullerton because of a High School football game so we did our trick or treating on Friday instead of Wednesday. Originally I made Jackson a Thomas the Tank Engine costume. I think it turned out amazing. Unfortunately, as cool as it looked, it was super awkward and uncomfortable to wear and every time I put it on Jackson he would say, "I don't like it. I don't like it", in a very sad/cute sounding voice. So I had to come up with plan B. Luckily I have tons of scrap fabric and it was easy to whip up a cape, bow tie and top hat. So even though he sort of wore Thomas to the Branch party, he went trick or treating as a magician.

The Original Costume

 Not very fun to wear eh? Well here is an easier and much classier costume!!!

 What are you pulling out of your hat??? A rabbit? A pair of keys? A diaper??? We will never know.
And Brady made an adorable Pirate. 

Do you know how hard it is to draw facial hair on a 2 year old and a baby with liquid eyeliner without it smudging????? Well I do. And I don't plan on doing it again any time soon.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome :D That Thomas costume looked so good! Now I want to update our blog...one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT!!! I would love to read your blog so update and I will comment!!!!

    ReplyDelete