Friday, April 19, 2013

Cake, Ice Cream, and Turning 25.


This year was different for me. Usually I get so excited for my birthday and have lots of fun planning what I want to do and what kind of cake I want and all that. This year, I just wasn't into it. I think it was partly because I was so crazy busy the week before and because I was turning 25. This is the first Birthday I have ever had where I actually felt old. Anyway, because of stress from alterations and the general blah-ness I was feeling about turning 25, I just didn't do anything. Ike asked what I wanted for my birthday and I decided I just wanted to buy a bunch of clothes. So I did and it was awesome. Instead, my birthday became about Jackson's birthday and I was actually really OK with that. I had a lot of fun planning his presents and getting things ready for his big day. Maybe next year I will want my own cake and my own party but this year I felt good not making a big deal.

Jackson had an excellent Birthday! I will admit that because of the lack of time and abundant stress I was feeling the week prior, I didn't do as good a job as I normally try to do on his Birthday cake. In fact, I think that besides the Patriots logo, it looked pretty horrible. But that is what is so nice about being 3. He was so thrilled that the cake had the Patriots logo on it that he didn't  care the rest of it looked so bad!



 I used the tutorial found here to make the Patriots logo. I will definitely do this again in the future!



Jackson loved opening his presents and eating his cake and ice cream. He had a great birthday.

2 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean about feeling old. I'm going to be freaking 29 this year!! THAT IS ONLY ONE YEAR AWAY FROM 30 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! HOLY CRAP!!! If it's any consolation, 25 is like...the perfect age. If I could stay one age forever, I would pick 25. So try to enjoy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the understanding. I'm pretty sure If I could pick an age to stay forever it would be 22. I kind of feel like my body has been going down hill from there. Oh well. I will try to make this year awesome though!!!

    ReplyDelete