Saturday, April 27, 2013

Why I love My Apron


So here is a confession. I wear an apron. I don't just wear an apron when I am cooking or in the kitchen. I wear one pretty much all the time. I am wearing one as I type these words. It might seem strange to you that I wear an apron literally all day but let me tell you a story and maybe you will change your mind. Picture an April that existed a few months ago. An April who never bothered to get dressed or even shower before her children's 2pm nap because she figured (correctly) that throughout the course of the morning things would be spilled on her clean clothes. This April felt sad that she always looked to grungy. This April felt dread anytime someone showed up before 3pm. This April was generally unhappy with herself. And then one day this April decided it was worth it for her to look nice each day. Not for her children, her random neighbors who liked to stop by at 10:00am, not even for her husband (although it is a nice bonus for him.) but for HERSELF! So she started showering and getting dressed BEFORE her kids woke up. The only problem was she was still getting food/vomit/occasional poo/liquids on her nice clothes. Then the solution came. Just like her pioneer sisters of old, she started wearing an apron.
So there it is. Now, I can be fully dressed in nice clothes, feel great, and if the doorbell rings or I need to run an errand, all I do is toss the apron aside and BAM! Ready for business.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! It really is amazing how much better you can feel about yourself just by getting dressed! I think you are a genius!

    ReplyDelete