Friday, May 3, 2013

One of those posts...

This is one of those posts that doesn't have much of a real topic and is more of me just rambling about things. I think it is amazing how as the weather gets warmer, my mood gets better. Every day that I see sunshine and tulips blooming is a good day. I may have even stolen a bunch of tulips from the vacant house across the street today. And by maybe I mean I did and now I have a beautiful bunch of tulips on my table!

Today Ike and I were talking at dinner about how sometimes we would love to go back in time and not necessarily tell our past selves to do different things that will change their (and our) futures, but just to kind of smack them on the head and say, "Quit worrying about stupid stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I can remember being so stressed out about the most unimportant things when I was a teenager.

I mowed the lawn today and it was wonderful. I even had to use this really old push mower and I still really enjoyed it. I only saw one snake too, which was nice because last summer we had snakes EVERYWHERE and it was horrible. Last summer I killed a snake with a pair of garden clippers and I still kind of feel bad about it. I don't think I could ever hunt. Especially if my only weapon was garden clippers.

I have been running about every other day because I am registered to run a 5k on June 1st. All the weight I probably would have lost from exercising I have been canceling out with snacks. I just love food so much it isn't fair. I used to daydream that I could eat all the food I wanted but when it went into my throat it magically turned into celery. Kind of the same idea of what Catholics believe with the Holy Communion and the body of Christ, except with celery instead.

Brady loves mandarin oranges so much. They are probably his favorite food ever. The only problem is that mandarin oranges produce the most horrid and frightening (literally, I am scared by them.) diapers I have ever seen. I think I am going to introduce him to other more fibrous foods.

Mother's day is coming up and I am still kind of in shock that I have two kids and I am 25 and I will be married 5 years this august. Remember when we were like 7 and summer vacation seemed to last years? Now I am 25 and time seems to keep going perpetually faster. I think it is because we are so busy. I need to be less busy.

This was so long. I usually don't write super wordy posts but there it is.


Some days I try to recycle my hairstyle from the day before, but after sleeping on it, it rarely works out how I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment