Sunday, January 8, 2017

Theme for 2017


My mother-in-law has inspired me in many ways in the eight years I have known her. Last year she picked a theme for herself (hope) and it became her focus for the whole year. She has picked a new theme for 2017 (joy) and I decided to follow her lead and pick one for myself as well.

My theme for 2017 is "Cease to be idle".
Based on the scripture D&C 88:124

Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.

I have been thinking this over since we got back from our Christmas vacation and I feel like all the changes I want to make in my life this year can be boiled down to "ceasing to be idle". I want to be a better mom this year and I feel like the best way I can do this is by not wasting the time I have with the boys on things that aren't important (pinterest...). 

I also really want to become more physically fit this year and I think choosing to take time to exercise each day is going to help me feel better overall.


Despite so many depressing things in the news and the normal challenges of life, I truly think that 2017 is going to be a wonderful year. I can see the amount of time I have left with all my kids as little kids slipping away and I am feeling a strong feeling to not waste this precious time. Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to having older kids and teenagers but there is something special about this time when all my kids are little. This is a precious time in their life and mine and I don't want to waste it. 

Speaking of little kids... guess who turned 8 months on May 2nd?


I just want to freeze time for a little bit. I know that when all my kids are grown and out of the house I am going to look back on the days when I had these little boys and my house was always messy and I sometimes didn't get sleep and I am going to cry because I miss these days so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment