Friday, February 24, 2012

Meatloaf Anyone?

I have a crock pot and I want to use it. I had daydreams of pot roasts and perfectly cooked chicken. I was so excited to make dinners that smelled good so when Ike walked in the door he would say, "Wow that smells amazing! What are we having for dinner?". Well my daydreams have not come to pass (YET!). I thought I would try something easy like meatloaf and unfortunately it ended up looking a little too much like cat vomit for my own comfort.



I won't lie. I was fully expecting someone to get food poisoning in the 48 hours following that dinner. Amazingly, no one did. I will not give up! I will eventually make dinners that look and taste good. I will overcome!

2 comments:

  1. haha you picked something so hard to start with! Do you have a crock pot cookbook or do you use the internet to get recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought meatloaf looked easy :( I have Fix it and Forget it but I usually do find most of my recipes off the internet because I want recipes that are servings for 4 or less. I am going to try a simple looking chicken one this week that has less of a chance for failure.

    ReplyDelete