Wednesday, June 5, 2013

5K Run!

For the last several months I have been training to run a 5K. I realize that some people can run 5Ks in their sleep but for me this was a big deal! I finally ran my race on June 1st and it was HARD! I was not expecting so many hills. Either way though it is done and I ran the whole thing and best of all I got a t-shirt out of it!

This is our "Before" picture
 Coming up to the finish line!


 33 minutes and 39 Seconds!!! Huzza!!!!!!
 Sarah even came out to watch me!!! I felt so loved!
 I am a runner!
I have to mention that the most important picture is the one not taken! Ike took all these pictures for me. He, Jackson and Brady all waited for me in the cold to finish this race! I couldn't have done it without Ike's support!

3 comments:

  1. You look amazing April. I was thinking it was like a flat run on pavement. this was a tough course. Prouds to you.mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go April! That is a huge accomplishment in my mind! I am not a runner, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a rock star, April! I ran 5k's all summer last year and never got a time that good! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete