Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Out with the old...

One of Ike's coworkers was getting rid of some clothes she didn't want and because I will take just about anything if it is free, I agreed to look through them. Lots of them are going to end up at good will but there were a few pieces that had potential!

1. The Mumu:

Can you smell the prune juice?

I decided that I liked the print and the fabric so I took in the side seams, got rid of the nasty sleeves,adjusted the granny collar, shortened it by a few inches and cinched the waist with a cute belt. The result:

No sleeves so it either needs a shirt underneath or, like I did last night, a cute jacket. I am pleased.


2.Ugly Dress:

This picture was taken after I just cut roughly 8" from the bottom. Gross right?
So With this one I took some of the fabric I cut from the bottom and put a ruffle around the collar, lowered the neckline and then hemmed. Also cinched in with the ever important belt.

This dress also looks cute with a jacket!


More before and afters to come!

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! I need to learn how to take something blah; Do a little sewing and cutting and turn it into oo la la. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete