Friday, January 20, 2012

Best Parent of the Year Award goes to.....Someone else.

Jackson has been sick the last two days and it seems like when he is sick all my good parenting knowledge goes flying out the window. Is it so bad that pretty much all he has eaten in the last 24 hours is either watered down Gatorade or toast??? Is it so bad that I let him stay in his warm footy pajamas until 2pm? (Is it so bad that I am also in sweats and a bathrobe until 2pm?)Probably. I swear I am trying to be a good mom. We usually have a routine and a clean house and no boogers caked on our faces. But when sickness comes its like I go into survival mode. Jackson won't eat anything but toast? Fine! Feed him toast for every meal! At least he won't be hungry. He won't drink water or Pedialight but loves Gatorade?? Fine! Give it to him!!! FLUIDS!!! So yea, right now I feel like the worlds worst mom but hopefully this too shall pass and in a few days when we are sickness free I can go back to being a responsible human being.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry April, all rules go out the window when the kids are sick. That doesn't make you a bad mom, it makes you a SURVIVOR! Hope he feels better.

    ReplyDelete