Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tie Troubles, No More!

So a while ago I talked about how annoying it was that I couldn't find little boys ties for Jackson to wear to Church. Well my solution to that problem was a tutorial I found where you could turn old adult men's ties into little boys ties. This was great...except I was limited to my husband's old ties that I thought were too ugly to be worn in public anyway. Well I came up with a solution. I used the same idea that the tutorial had except I modified a pattern for a 9-10year old boy's tie and made one for a toddler. Still the same two piece concept but these ones just look so much cleaner and I have thousand's of fabric options because the pattern only takes about 1/4 yard of fabric! (I usually buy 1/2 yard just in case I screw up.) So because of
this new development, I have been making a tie every Saturday for the last three weeks.

You can tell this is the first one I made because I made the mistake of choosing a very white design. I don't think it looks as good against a white shirt, which is what Jackson wears each week.





Notice how this one is shorter and a little wider? I made a second pattern for slightly younger boys because I noticed the first two ties seemed a little long even when they had been adjusted to their shortest possible length.

No comments:

Post a Comment