Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dye + Old pants= Slightly Newer Pants?

Money is always tight and I couldn't really justify spending $30 on new maternity pants even though my favorite pair was all faded and had a patch on the inner thigh. Then I had the idea...Try to dye them! I saw something similar on one of my favorite blogs (centsationalgirl.com)and I thought I would give it a try.
Old looking pants :( So sad because they fit so well!


I used RIT dye. $2.25 at Jo-Ann's - I used a 40%off coupon.


Instructions are on the inside of the box. I did the "bucket method".


So after 30 minutes of stirring and then another 30 minutes of rinsing until the water ran clear than washing them twice by themselves just to make sure I got all the dye....


A slightly newer looking pair of jeans!!!! In the future I think if I wanted to do something like this again, I would buy one box of black dye and one box of navy blue than mix just a little black dye in with the navy to give it a slightly darker wash. Overall though very pleased! For less than three dollars I have a pair of jeans I am not embarrassed to wear in public and will hopefully last me through this pregnancy!

2 comments: